Wednesday, November 08, 2006

addiction

"Yeah, I've been really lazy last week and i didn't go to any extra life,"

"Yeah, that's fine."

"That's fine? No, it's not! It's just that i've been really tired lately and blah blah blah blah"

Of course it's not fine. But, really, as a tutor what else can i say? Never rely on a tutor or someone else to motivate you. If you know that it's not fine, motivate yourself! Ask yourself why you are doing this, how much you want it and how much effort you are willing to put in it. And YES, as a tutor it's also my job to inspire the student, even more than teaching the material they need to know. Perhapes i failed to inspire this student of mine. But it's ultimately up to yourself to discover the many methods, styles, and what interests you. And i can't stress the fact that Life drawing is the most fundamental way of learning how to draw. Draw from life to build up your own visual library. Life drawing is a lot of fun, I miss fundies, because all me and my friends cared about was life drawing, we can invest all our time into learning the human body. It was where we meet people, where our motivation came from. Our joy when we pull out a good drawing that day. As soon as you believe that youlove it, you would want to go life drawing, it isn't a chore, nor is it homework. It was mere exercise to the brian. It warms me up before i start my homework for the day. It is an addiction.

8 comments:

Dboy said...

could've said this :)

HiengT said...

Itz still a palce to meet people ;D

fillstheills said...

can you teach me to life draw?

i need help with my line of action.

Joe Ho said...

HAHAl.. you a perfectly right there Lets... just keep going.. inspire student isn't easy.. but just be ture to ur self and to the ppl who you want to share with in anything! don't give ur self too much perssure just DRAW! and think one drawing and thinking about drawing how to make thing work, but not how to make good looking pretty drawing!!.. you know!! just keep going!! we all will be around!!:p

Letz said...

fillstheills: so you ARE TEESAR!! .. and we have the same last name o__O

joe ho: yupyup! lol i miss ur inspirational talks D: always keep me going

Mitch K said...

Lifedrawing absolutely kills me. I'm a terrible artist!

clifford chiu said...

i have hardly gone lifedrawing for myself this year... maybe it has to do with the teacher i have??? maybe not, who knows!!

cliff

Letz said...

cliff - yeah, mark was realy a big encouragement. just keep drawing :) its good to see u in extra life.